Highlights (Agenda) for upcoming and recent Session meetings:
Please note that the Session meeting is always open for members to attend and the Minutes (records) are public and available for any member of the church to read and may be found in the church office.
Session Agenda February 2018
|Class of 2018||Class of 2019||Class of 2020|
|Aaron Brooks||Anna Booher||Nancy Allerton|
|Stuart Parker||Han Ong (E)||Rebecca Beck|
|Chuck Thompson||Pete Holler||Davie Hyde|
|Randy Cook||Lee Galliher||Jordan Pennington|
|Debbie McMillin||Pete Stigers||Jerry Poteat|
Call to Order
Devotion & Prayer (Stuart Parker)
Setting the Agenda
- Communications: Letter of Resignation (Finance Committee & Trustee by implication) from Don Moneyhun dated 1-29/2018
- PNC Letter
- Approval of Minutes
- Stated Session: January 22, 2018
- Special Meeting:
- Congregational Meeting:
- Approval of Deacons minutes: did not meet (illness).
· Membership Records:
|Transfer to Another Church|
|Removal from Roll|
|Death||· Graham W. Barr 01/16/2018
· Betty McElrath Huntsman Millard 02/07/2018
· Dennis “Sam” Samuel 02/20/2018
Moderator’s Report (Dave Welch): Update to Session Minutes 2017; Statistical Report
Facilities Use: King University Band, King University Fall Concert, Blue Stocking Club, Boy Scout Ct. of Honor.
- Finance: approval of budget (attached)
- Buildings & Grounds:
- In an email vote concluded on Friday, January 26, 2018, the committee approved changing the HVAC maintenance contract from four quarterly visits per year to two semiannual visits.
- Motion to authorize Facility Manager to close building.
- MEF: 2 Motions:
- Should a vacancy occur among the appointed members of the FPC MEF Advisory Committee when there is no installed Pastor/Head of Staff, the Advisory Committee will nominate for approval by the Session an individual who is willing to serve as an appointed member of the MEF Advisory Committee.
- When there is no installed Pastor/Head of Staff at FPC, the Moderator of the Session will participate in MEF AC meetings as an Ex-Officio non-voting member.
Committee Reports Received as Information: (Updates)
- Stewardship Report
Other Information Received and Distributed
Items for Reflection?
- Safety and Security
- Directory App (https://www.instantchurchdirectory.com)
· Shepherding Sharing
Upcoming Event Reminders
Adjournment and Closing Prayer
Date for next Stated Meeting Monday March 26, @ 7:00 PM (Devotion: Randy Cook)